Dr Radhika Chikramane
MBBS, MPH, FRANZCP, Cert. Consul. Liaison Psych (RANZCP)
Dr Chikramane has worked in the field of psychiatry since 2009.
She has worked in Tasmania between 2009-12 as well as various hospitals across
Sydney, NSW since 2012. She has experience working in in-patient as well as
community mental health
settings. During her Consultation Liaison Psychiatry roles, she has provided psychiatric care to patients under the care of several medical specialities. In
addition to being a Telehealth Psychiatrist with the PSYCH2U family, Dr Chikramane also works as a Staff Specialist at the Sydney Local Health District.
Dr Chikramane uses the conversational model of therapy while interviewing patients to provide a feeling of safety and develop a therapeutic relationship based on trust and respect.
She works collaboratively with patients, their families and
carers. She uses research-based treatment approaches and focuses on patient-
tailored to the patient’s goals in recovery.
Her areas of interest include:
· Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
· Intellectual disability
· General Adult Psychiatry
· Old Age Psychiatry
· Complex PTSD
· Borderline personality
· Mood disorders
Dr Chikramane sees patients aged 18 years and over for:
· Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)- NSW & TAS only
· Anxiety disorders including Obsessive compulsive disorder
· Mood disorders- Depression, Bipolar affective disorder and Schizoaffective disorder
· Personality disorders including Borderline personality disorder
· Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
· Complex PTSD
· Psychotic illnesses including Schizophrenia
· Eating disorders- Bulimia and Binge Eating (ONLY)
· Post natal anxiety, post-natal depression and post-natal psychosis
· Alcohol and substance misuse