Dr Mason (MRCPsych, FRANZCP) trained originally in the UK and during her career has worked as a psychiatrist within the UK, Australia and Canada.
She specialises in Forensic Psychiatry, Emergency Room (ER) Psychiatry and Acute Adult Psychiatry with focus on risk assessment and management and treatment of complex major mental illnesses. Her expertise lies in the treatment and management of psychotic illnesses and major mood disorders. She currently works across several settings including the ER, Acute Inpatient Units and Forensic Psychiatric Services as well as providing telepsychiatry to remote areas across Australia.
Services offered for patients aged 16 to 65:
- Initial assessments and management plans for patients suffering with psychosis, mood disorders or personality disorders including medication review and rationalisation
- Ongoing management and reviews of patients
- Risk assessment and management advice/second opinions for health professionals in Mental Health and GP services
- Medicolegal report writing
- Shared care case management with GPs and Mental Health services
- Clozapine prescribing for treatment resistant schizophrenia
Exclusions – Assessments for ADHD/stimulant prescribing or individuals presenting with substance use or dependence as the primary complaint.